Gracie

Gracie
Just Chillin'

Monday, October 29, 2007

Week 7 Tagging and Del.icio.us

Tagging and Del.icio.us:

I browsed Del.icio.us is a nice way of connecting browsers together. I liked looking at the links from several different people. I decided not to join this site, but I did decide to look and determine later if I wanted to maybe add this to my favorites.

The video of ottergroup was interesting. I understand how you can gather information from others online by looking at their tags. But their is a lot of information that you have to go through to filter and see what you want to tag and add maybe to your favorite blogs, links and websites.

Technorati:

I looked at several different links from this site. I was interested in some of the political view points and even added my opinion on several. I found this site very interesting and maybe a place I will visit again in the future. I could see how we could connect with other librarians, youth librarian and share ideas together or work on a project together. There is a lot of potential to this area of communication.

Away from Iceburgs: Librarys in the future: 2.0 Having a digital collection more vs. a physical collection. The movement of libraries is to have more articles, journals, and books via the internet, webpages and links through our website. The future of libraries are constantly changing and I can see how the libraries of the future will be so much more different than what I use to think. I am excited about the changes and I know that I have to continue to keep an open mind when it comes to collection development. I know that young children's books will never go out of style and that parents will continue to read to their kids. They want to hold and touch the book and feel it's pages.

I understand how adults will slowly move to this change and as the new generation comes along with the new library of the future, one will see that MP's, Scan disks, external drives will be common place at the library. Downloading to IPODS and other forms of technology will continue to enter in the library. Staff will have to adapt to change and we will have to continue to move towards the future of a modern library system 2.0.

Into the new world of librarianship:
To more powerful ways to coorerate:
To better bibiographic services:
To a temporary place in time:But Library 4.0 will add a new mode, knowledge spa: meditation, relaxation, immersion in a luxury of ideas and thought. In companies, this may take the form of retreat space for thought leaders, considered an investment in innovation; in public libraries, the luxurious details will require private partners as sponsors providing the sensory treats. Library 4.0 revives the old image of a country house library, and renovates it: from a retreat, a sanctuary, a pampered experience with information—subtle thoughts, fine words, exquisite brandy, smooth coffee, aromatic cigar, smell of leather, rustle of pages—to the dream economy’s library, the LIBRARY: a WiFREE space, a retreat from technohustle, with comfortable chairs, quiet, good light, coffee and single malt. You know, the library.
Wow, what a wonderful thought of the library of tomorrow! The library of the future 4.0!

No comments: