Gracie

Gracie
Just Chillin'

Friday, September 21, 2007

7 ½ Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners

Week 2

This weeks lesson is a good start for me personally. I have a lot of new goals currently in my life that I would like to achieve. I am continuing down my journey of life and I am always looking towards doing new and exciting things.

My weakness: Habit 3: View problems as challenges - I know personally speaking I sometimes get overwhelmed. I have to keep my emotional part of myself separate from the situation. I think of the facts and determine what needs to be done first and make up my list. Then I can handle anything. I have to put things down in writing, make goals, set a time table, do the biggest things first and work on the smaller parts pulling it all together.

My strengths: Habit 4: Have confidence in yourself as a competent, effective learner and Habit 7: Teach/mentor others - I haven't really thought of myself as having a lot of confidence. But I do have a lot of confidence "in me". I love to teach! I love showing others how to do something. It's great to share your gifts with someone who is willing to learn. I have mentored a few people over the years in my personal and professional life.

This class time has opened my ideas to "Play". I had a really hard time allowing myself to do this. But, now I am encouraging another staff person to join me on this journey. I hope she joins in.

No comments: